Today, I’m giving some Valentine’s gift ideas to the wives, and tomorrow (yes, tomorrow, instead of Thursday) I’ll address the husbands. So here we go, ladies: If you’re still stumped on what to get him, here are some cool gifts for your hot hubby!
1. A bouquet of roses. “Wait!” you say, “I thought this was about gifts for men.” Yes, it is. But did you know that there are several variations on the bouquet of roses idea, with your hot hunk in mind? Check these out (and click on the pictures for instructions):
2. Bath and body products. Once again, you’re doubting the usefulness of such items for the manly man you married. But guess what? A lot of guys like bath stuff; they just don’t want it to be girly bath stuff. So how about something masculine for the bath? Several stores offer a masculine version. For instance, Bath Junkie has a line of “bath hunkie” items (photos from my local store!).
3. Customized notepads. My husband is forever looking for something to write on — notes for his list of to-do’s, dimensions for something he’s building or buying furniture for, calculations for this-that-and-the-other . . . If your guy is the same, how about a functional notepad that also serves as a nice reminder of how much you love him? VistaPrint and Staples have several customizable designs.
4. Prescription for love. I save prescription bottles and use them for special events, to give a “prescription” with candy inside. Like this one:
But you can easily make some for your beloved hubby! Get small bottles at your local craft store or online, buy printable labels, make up your “Pharmacy” information and “prescription,” and fill the bottle with whatever you want. It could be candy, or strips of paper with romantic or sexual activities, or date night ideas to experience together. Here are a few options:
5. Double Shower Head. Some of us married couples really enjoy sharing the shower with our mate! But if you’re like me, you didn’t get to design your perfect shower for two. Still, you can take your existing setup and turn it into a more inviting place to shower together. (And a double shower head comes with the added advantage of giving your guy an opportunity to show off his handyman skills — while making sure the task isn’t so difficult, you have to call a professional handyman later.) Add a little note about how much you’re looking forward to that shower! Actually, I might actually get this one for my hubby.
6. Reusable heat packs. Of course your hubby is already hot, but a little heated massage is a lovely thing in the marital bedroom. To be honest, I got this idea from my marvelous massage therapist (all my tension goes to my back), who uses HotShotz heat packs as part of her routine. But you can buy some heat packs (also called hand warmers some places) to massage your beloved and get things heated up. This is a great idea especially when you can’t quite get the right hand pressure to massage your hubby, because the heat itself is very relaxing to tight muscles. And he could turn around and try it on your muscles too!
7. Lingerie shop gift card (and a promise to shop together). A woman was recently telling me how she used to work at a lingerie store, and every year husbands would come in to buy something sexy to give their wives for Valentine’s Day. Then a few days after Valentine’s, wives would show up to return items saying, “I don’t know what he was thinking.”
So if you don’t like what he gets you (or, bless his heart, he doesn’t have a clue what size you wear), how about offering to go together and pick out something you both like? As you shop, he can explain what appeals to him, you can explain why you would or wouldn’t wear something (e.g., “That looks sexy, but the fabric is really scratchy”), and you leave with an item to try out at home. Most men enjoy seeing their wives in lingerie, and shopping together for something you can later model in the privacy of your bedroom can be a wonderful gift for your hubby.
8. Sexy gift certificates. I created intimacy-themed gift certificates based on scriptures from Song of Solomon a couple of years ago. You can find the Valentine’s version here. Print out the ones you want and/or tailor them to your own liking. It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
Want more gift ideas for your husband?
What to Get Your Husband for V-Day
13 Sexy Valentine’s Gifts from Your Grocery Store
7 Sexy Valentine’s Gifts You Can Make
10 Sexy Stocking Stuffers for Your Husband
10 Sexy, Manly Items for Your Hubby’s Christmas Stocking
And I would be remiss not to mention that I met Sheila Wray Gregoire last night at her Girl Talk event in Houston. She blogged about it today . . . and included a photo of us together: On Texas, Girl Talk, and Lots of Questions!