Today, I’m giving some Valentine’s gift ideas to the wives, and tomorrow (yes, tomorrow, instead of Thursday) I’ll address the husbands. So here we go, ladies: If you’re still stumped on what to get him, here are some cool gifts for your hot hubby!
1. A bouquet of roses. “Wait!” you say, “I thought this was about gifts for men.” Yes, it is. But did you know that there are several variations on the bouquet of roses idea, with your hot hunk in mind? Here are a couple (and click on the pictures for instructions):
2. Bath and body products. Once again, you’re doubting the usefulness of such items for the manly man you married. But guess what? A lot of guys like bath stuff; they just don’t want it to be girly bath stuff. So how about something masculine for the bath? Several stores offer a masculine version. For instance, Bath Junkie has a line of “bath hunkie” items (photos from my local store!).
3. Customized notepads. My husband is forever looking for something to write on — notes for his list of to-do’s, dimensions for something he’s building or buying furniture for, calculations for this-that-and-the-other . . . If your guy is the same, how about a functional notepad that also serves as a nice reminder of how much you love him? VistaPrint and Staples have several customizable designs.
4. Prescription for love. I save prescription bottles and use them for special events, to give a “prescription” with candy inside. Like this one:
But you can easily make some for your beloved hubby! Get small bottles at your local craft store or online, buy printable labels, make up your “Pharmacy” information and “prescription,” and fill the bottle with whatever you want. It could be candy, or strips of paper with romantic or sexual activities, or date night ideas to experience together. Here are a few options:
5. Double Shower Head. Some of us married couples really enjoy sharing the shower with our mate! But if you’re like me, you didn’t get to design your perfect shower for two. Still, you can take your existing setup and turn it into a more inviting place to shower together. (And a double shower head comes with the added advantage of giving your guy an opportunity to show off his handyman skills — while making sure the task isn’t so difficult, you have to call a professional handyman later.) Add a little note about how much you’re looking forward to that shower! Actually, I might actually get this one for my hubby.
6. Reusable heat packs. Of course your hubby is already hot, but a little heated massage is a lovely thing in the marital bedroom. To be honest, I got this idea from my marvelous massage therapist (all my tension goes to my back), who uses HotShotz heat packs as part of her routine. But you can buy some heat packs (also called hand warmers some places) to massage your beloved and get things heated up. This is a great idea especially when you can’t quite get the right hand pressure to massage your hubby, because the heat itself is very relaxing to tight muscles. And he could turn around and try it on your muscles too!
7. Lingerie shop gift card (and a promise to shop together). A woman was recently telling me how she used to work at a lingerie store, and every year husbands would come in to buy something sexy to give their wives for Valentine’s Day. Then a few days after Valentine’s, wives would show up to return items saying, “I don’t know what he was thinking.”
So if you don’t like what he gets you (or, bless his heart, he doesn’t have a clue what size you wear), how about offering to go together and pick out something you both like? As you shop, he can explain what appeals to him, you can explain why you would or wouldn’t wear something (e.g., “That looks sexy, but the fabric is really scratchy”), and you leave with an item to try out at home. Most men enjoy seeing their wives in lingerie, and shopping together for something you can later model in the privacy of your bedroom can be a wonderful gift for your hubby.
8. Sexy gift certificates. I created intimacy-themed gift certificates based on scriptures from Song of Solomon a couple of years ago. You can find the Valentine’s version here. Print out the ones you want and/or tailor them to your own liking. It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
Want more gift ideas for your husband?
What to Get Your Husband for V-Day
13 Sexy Valentine’s Gifts from Your Grocery Store
7 Sexy Valentine’s Gifts You Can Make
10 Sexy Stocking Stuffers for Your Husband
10 Sexy, Manly Items for Your Hubby’s Christmas Stocking
And I would be remiss not to mention that I met Sheila Wray Gregoire last night at her Girl Talk event in Houston. She blogged about it today . . . and included a photo of us together: On Texas, Girl Talk, and Lots of Questions!
19 thoughts on “8 Cool Valentine’s Gifts for Your Hot Hubby”
I love #4. If my wife gave me love coupons to redeem, it would be the best Valentine’s gift ever!!
Hint, hint, wife! (Wherever you are.)
The bacon roses are a pretty clever idea! What man wouldn’t want a bouquet of bacon?! 🙂
Great ideas! I got my husband silk boxers for Christmas. I just got one pair in case he didn’t like them, but he loves them, so I got him a couple more pair. We both enjoy them! I got them on Amazon from a company named Texira or something like that. They wash up nicely and are true to size. We aren’t giving gifts for the big “VD” – we’re going out to a play on Sunday, instead – but I’ve been leaving him sappy Valentine cards, heart-shaped Dove candies, put a heart garland around his bathroom mirror, and wrote “World’s Greatest Lover” on his shaving mirror with dry-erase marker. He seems amused by my silliness.
What husband wouldn’t like being called “World’s Greatest Lover” by his wife?! 🙂
These are great ideas! I’ll have to keep some in mind for next year. I was really struggling to come up with something this year–our first as a married couple!–because we pretty much have to go homemade. I’m usually really creative with stuff like this (thanks to you and Pinterest), but I did an intimate board game and a year of dates for Christmas. For wedding gifts in July, I did boudoir photos and letters that I wrote from the night of our first date until our wedding day. Gift certificates aren’t a great idea for us right now; I’ve been sick most of my pregnancy,, so I hate to give them to him and end up having to say no when he asks. With Valentine’s Day coming up this weekend, and it being a pretty busy week for us, I was getting a little stressed. He’s taking me out to a surprise dinner (with a multi-restaurant gift card we got at Christmas)…so I’m making him a special dessert for when we get home. (I don’t make desserts often, so this will be a treat.)
Wow, you put a lot of intention and effort into this. Sounds like your husband is blessed. Praying you feel better soon! Blessings.
It’s great to see pictures of you now! I was wondering if Sheila got permission to show who you were but now I see your photo here too, YAY!
So far I’ve gotten some toys to enjoy in the bedroom but boy would he love the bacon roses!
Thanks! Yes, of course Sheila asked before posting the pic (she’s classy that way!). Happy Valentine’s!
#7 is a no-brainer, which is precisely why I didn’t think of it! Ha.
Thanks! I don’t know if it’s “brilliant,” but I think a lot of married couples would enjoy it. 🙂
Pingback: 8 Sweet Valentine’s Gifts for Your Spicy Wife | Hot, Holy & Humorous
Pingback: Best Christian Sex Links of the Week | Married Christian Sex
These are some great ideas for Valentine’s day. I love love love doing fun stuff for valentine’s. I’ll have to try some of these ideas out.
Enjoy! Happy V-Day.
These are great ideas. Of course ‘ol pessimistic me can think of an issue with every one, like how much I hate myself in photos and a notepad with my picture on it would be the worst gift ever. My wedding photos have been tucked away never to see the light of day. 🙂 and of course how I’d never give him love coupons because he’d never use them on his own and then I’d feel like I was begging…. And date night is always an issue for me because he always says he’d like to take me out but he never actually does it, and I invited him out and it didn’t work and BLAH, blah, blah, and then it hit me!
The best gift I could give my husband would be to work harder on my bad attitude. I’ve been trying, and he seems to feel better when I try not to be so down on myself. It’s hard, but its worth the effort. See, even typing that was tough, but I’m trying! So thanks for the practical ideas, as well as the idea it led me to. Maybe if I just ignore Valentines and the aggravating emotions it causes and just focus on being pleasant that day, that would be a great gift for my husband.
I agree that a confident wife is a wonderful gift for a husband! (And I bet you take a great photo! Just know that the profile pic I used is one of MANY the photographer took, and I picked the one I liked. 😉 )
Again, GREAT ideas!!! 🙂 (I love your list for wives too.) That shower head is something I’ve been saying we need for YEARS – I didn’t know you could actually get it, though! I’m gonna look for that. 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
Comments are closed.