This year, I’ve decided that the post on last blogging day of each month will be a roundup of marriage and sex resources. I’ll include links to recent posts here, but also:
- podcast episodes with Knowing Her Sexually and Sex Chat for Christian Wives
- my monthly post over at KHS Ministry (for husbands)
- any new resources I’m involved in (from online seminars to new site store products)
- resources and products I can recommend for your marriage and sex life
- news and events I need or want to share with y’all
- biblical inspiration for the upcoming month
Let’s kick off with January and some great stuff! Scroll through to find what you might have missed or your next great resource for marriage.
This Month on the Blog
- Rebuilding Intimacy in Marriage (When Trust Has Been Damaged)Once trust has been damaged, due to unfaithfulness, how can you rebuild intimacy in the marriage? When and how do you reintroduce sex?
- Why a Husband Helping Around the House Makes a Wife More Open to SexIs helping your wife around the house foreplay? Well, it’s certainly a way to partner up in life that can lead to more intimate partnering.
- Is Sex for You Like Going to the Dentist?Sex shouldn’t be something that makes you uncomfortable or tense! Let’s talk about what sex should feel like and how to get there.
- Why Don’t Men Fess Up About Having the Lower Drive?Why don’t lower desire husbands share about their experience? Here are 4 reasons why and how we can open up real conversation.
- Which Sex Books Should You Read?What books about in sex in marriage do I recommend to couples (besides my own!)? I add three more to my list. Check ’em out!
- Have We Taken the Sex Metaphor Too Far?I, too, have concerns about Joshua Butler’s Gospel Coalition article. Let’s talk about the metaphor of sex and our relationship with God.
From Sex Chat for Christian Wives Podcast
From Knowing Her Sexually Podcast
My Post at KHS Ministry
Click the image below to read.
A Few Great Reads Elsewhere
- Participate in Heaven Made Marriage’s Connect in the Craziness Survey! Connecting in the Craziness | Heaven Made Marriage
- Love this post from Gary Thomas! So much depth here. Be sure to read it all. The Gift Every Relationship Needs | Gary Thomas
- Kevin A. Thompson’s 28-Day Marriage Challenge Starts Monday! Without a Change, Your Marriage Won’t Change | Kevin A. Thompson
- My ministry partner, Chris Taylor, explains to husbands what changed her mind…and her sexual intimacy. What Made Me Change My Mindset? | Knowing Her Sexually
Recommended Resources & Products
I recently discovered Bible Project, an online resource with videos, Bible studies, a podcast, and more. My husband and I have been using their material to study together, and it has increased our spiritual intimacy. (P.S. When you work on one kind of marital intimacy, it tends to positively affect the others areas or intimacy.) As always, with any resource, you may disagree with something, but overall we’ve found it to be an authentic and in-depth attempt to discover the truth of God’s Word and the character of God Himself.
- Website: Learn the Bible for Free Online | BibleProject™
- Podcast: BibleProject on Apple Podcasts
- YouTube Channel: BibleProject – YouTube
This past year, my daily wardrobe has primarily consisted of t-shirts and yoga pants (I promise, my yoga pants are not too tight and my t-shirts are long, so I’m still plenty modest). The t-shirts I keep turning to are two that I got from Married Is Great:
I love their simple design, the tailored yet loose sizing, but mostly the comfortable cotton! Spock also wears his Married Is Great shirt quite often, and my grown-and-married son loves his hoodie! Check ’em out. (And yes, this is an affiliate, but I don’t recommend products I haven’t checked out and like.)
What J’s Up to These Days
I always want to answer the question, “What are you up to?” with “About 5-foot-four.” Because I like even stupid humor apparently. ~grin~ But here’s what I’m actually doing that you might want to know about.
- Taking a college/grad level course on human sexuality from the Institute for Sexual Wholeness, the organization that certifies Christian sex therapists (like my friend Dr. Jessica McCleese).
- Trying to get my too-large-for-two-people house ready to sell. Which was the plan for 2020, but of course got pushed to 2021.
- Troubleshooting my health problems, which include a diffuse array of symptoms that have frustrated me in one way or another since October 9. I’m better, but still working on some issues. Prayers for wisdom, answers, and healing appreciated!
Biblical Inspiration for the Coming Month
The verse that I’ve been hanging out on a lot lately is this one. Food for thought: How does this apply to the way we treat our spouse?