Welcome to another monthly roundup of recent posts, podcast episodes, recommended resources, and much more. Scroll through to find what you might have missed or your next great resource for marriage.
This Month on the Blog
I’m back to blogging twice a week in most weeks! Let’s hope I can continue.
- 10 Things She Can Do to Help Sex Go WellWhat can a wife do during sex to help things go smoothly and receive the pleasure and intimacy she desires? Here are 10 tips!
- Are Masculine Men a Problem for Women?Inspired by “The Toxic War on Masculinity,” J addresses what true manhood looks like in marriage and for sexual intimacy.
- Keep the Spark Alive: Schedule SexScheduling sex may seem to remove excitement and spontaneity from a sexual encounter, but it can actually improve intimacy. Here’s how.
- 3 Things Every Wife Should Know About SexBased on 12+ years of ministering to wives and couples regarding sex in marriage, here are 3 things every wife should know about sex.
- Rebuilding Intimacy in Marriage (When Trust Has Been Damaged)Once trust has been damaged, due to unfaithfulness, how can you rebuild intimacy in the marriage? When and how do you reintroduce sex?
- Why a Husband Helping Around the House Makes a Wife More Open to SexIs helping your wife around the house foreplay? Well, it’s certainly a way to partner up in life that can lead to more intimate partnering.
- Is Sex for You Like Going to the Dentist?Sex shouldn’t be something that makes you uncomfortable or tense! Let’s talk about what sex should feel like and how to get there.
From Sex Chat for Christian Wives Podcast
- Episode 108: Prioritizing Sex – Sex Chat for Christian Wives
- Episode 109: Your Sexual Self – Sex Chat for Christian Wives
From Knowing Her Sexually Podcast
- Episode 32: What Does Your Wife Need Before You Enter?
- Episode 33: When Sex Hurts Her – Knowing Her Sexually
My Post at KHS Ministry
Click the image below to read.
A Few Great Reads Elsewhere
- Wow. Gary Thomas nailed it with this one! An Incompatible Marriage that Glorifies God | Gary Thomas. “What if, instead of telling everyone how good we have it at home, we honestly testified that it is God’s grace alone that keeps us together?”
- I keep sharing posts from Chris Taylor, but she’s been writing some great stuff. This one I totally relate to and appreciate! It’s “real advice from real Christian wives who suffer from chronic illness or pain.” Sex Advice for Wives with Chronic Illness – Honeycomb & Spice
Recommended Resources & Products
I recently attended my best friend’s son’s wedding! What a wonderful experience, since I’ve known that kid since he was two years old and now he’s grown, married, and thriving.
But it brought to mind that I want to put together a resource list for newlyweds. I’ll work on that, but in the meantime, did you know that I have quick tips for the wedding night? Add your choice to the shower or wedding gift with a wink and a smile. Help a couple start out right!
What J’s Up to These Days
- In 2010, I got breast implants, and this past month, I got them removed. Based on my recovery, explant was the right choice for my health going forward. You can read more about my reasons here: Are Breast Implants Bad for You? Now I don’t believe that implants, breast or otherwise, are necessarily bad, but we should inform patients better and screen candidates for immune issues that could cause problems later on. Anyway, I’m feeling much better!
- Now that I’m healthy again, I’m eager to travel more! Wanna invite me to speak in 2022? Check out my speaking page and/or shoot me an email.
Biblical Inspiration for the Coming Month
After the Last Supper, Jesus told His closest followers, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:35). We believe Jesus’s command applies to Christian community today.
What if it’s true of marriage as well? That is, what would people conclude about our discipleship to Christ based on our marriage?What would people conclude about our discipleship to Christ based on our #marriage? @hotholyhumorous Click To Tweet
When I think deeply about this, I’m more aware of all the times I don’t treat my husband the way I should. I consider all the opportunities I miss to show him kindness, respect, affection, and covenant love. I ask God to intervene and prompt me to do better.
Not only will my marriage reap the benefits of sowing such good seed in our relationship, but my marriage then becomes a larger witness to the world of what I believe about righteousness, redemption, and love.
What about your marriage?