I recently posted something on my Facebook page about the Sex Chat for Christian Wives podcast, and one commenter responded: “Wait you have a podcast? I didn’t realize!!”
At first, I thought: Really? You didn’t know? Because this is the header on my Facebook page:
Then I thought about how often I scan stuff or don’t recall what I’ve seen. Not to mention that I’ve heard about a gazillion times that people need to see something repeatedly to remember it. I admitted that my fairly new podcast could have easily gotten lost among the noise of life.
So I wanted to make it easy for y’all, in case you haven’t listened yet. Below are links to all the episodes we’ve done. And by we, I mean this group of ladies:
It’s not my podcast. It’s a podcast in which four marriage and sex bloggers — me, Bonny Burns of OysterBed7, Gaye Christmus of Calm.Healthy.Sexy., and Chris Taylor of The Forgiven Wife — sit around a virtual kitchen table and discuss various topics. You’ll see the span of stuff we’ve covered so far below.
- Episode 1: Getting in the Mood – We launch our podcast with a conversation about getting your mind and body ready for sexual intimacy
- Episode 2: Sex Positions – Going beyond the missionary position, we talk about how and why to try new positions
- Episode 3: 50 Shades of Here-We-Go-Again – With the release of the second movie in the Fifty Shades series, we talk about this phenomenon and what wives should know
- Episode 4: Stress & Sex – Stress impacts our ability to engage in sex in marriage, so we discuss realistic ways of dealing with this obstacle
- Episode 5: Sex Scheduling – We talk about putting sex on your calendar, whether and how you should do it, and what benefits it might have
- Episode 6: Women’s Sexual Response – Discussing how our sexual response really works and what many people misunderstand about female arousal
- Episode 7: Exercise and Sex – Talking about why exercising is important for your sex life, not to mention your health and wellbeing
- Episode 8: Sex Toys – Covering what benefits, drawbacks, and concerns are involved with the use of sex toys
- Episode 9: Listener Questions – Chris, Bonny, and Gaye answer questions about honoring feelings, multiple orgasms, and erectile dysfunction
- Episode 10: Tending Your Garden – We talk about taking care of your “garden,” aka your lady parts; hygiene, grooming, and decorating
- Episode 11: Introducing the Podcast Team – Digging deeper into who we are and why we do what we do
- Episode 12: Guy Talk – The Importance of Sex – Chris interviews men from the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association core team, and we comment afterward about their male perspective
- Episode 13: Mismatched Sex Drives – We chat about the challenge of differences in sex drives and how to handle the mismatch
And tomorrow, look for a new episode with more Guy Talk.
I’m planning to add a fourth day to my blog every other week, in which I share the new episode so that you won’t miss it! But the best way to make sure you are plugged into our (fabulous) podcast is to subscribe to new posts through our RSS feed, and/or find us on your favorite podcast provider. We’re on iTunes, iHeart, Stitcher, and more. I personally listen to podcasts on the Pocket Casts app, and I had no trouble finding Sex Chat for Christian Wives.
Now and then, we encounter some audio issues, because (1) we’re recording the episode via Skype phone call and (2) we are not audio engineers. But we have purchased better equipment, continue working on our editing skills, and try to provide the best episodes we can. Regardless, we believe our content is absolutely worth your time.
We’d love for you to listen, leave a review on iTunes or other podcast provider sites, and share our podcast with others. We want to spread the message about God’s gift of sexual intimacy in marriage and address the challenges we wives face in embracing that gift fully.
Also, as someone recently said to us, “it sounds like y’all have fun.” We really do. We enjoy one another, our conversations, and the experience of inviting other wives to slide their own chair up to the virtual kitchen table and listen in.
5 thoughts on “Don’t Have Time to Read about Sex? Then Listen.”
I love the podcast! It does sound so fun, and it is great to hear the different opinions shared. Love all the little tips n tricks too!
I’m so glad you reminded us of this! I listened in the beginning, but to me, like most resources, it originally seemed geared towards normal wives with husbands that desire them. I’m not in that camp, so listening just made me sadder.
But then I saw episode 13 on this list and I thought….hmmm….I’ll give it a try.
THANK YOU for not ignoring higher drive wives! Thank you, thank you!
I liked a lot of what you said, disagreed with some, but I will spare you. ?
I’m just thrilled that higher drive wives were not forgotten, and not spoken of as “odd”. Thank you for caring!
Pingback: A Loveliness of Links ~ July 2017 - The Forgiven Wife
Comments are closed.